MSK Outpatient work / full or part time / Upton Hospital, Slough / no On call or weekend work / MSc level training supported / Free staff parking. Patient experience and Staff Health & wellbeing is high on our agenda, reflected in our appointment times; 1hr first appointments, 30mins follow-ups, with a variety of classes on offer. The caseload will consist of mainly GP referrals, with some from Orthopaedics. The working days/times for the successful candidate can be flexible.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within our MSK Physiotherapy Service in East Berkshire based in Slough; we are looking to recruit enthusiastic and innovative candidates to Band 6 Musculoskeletal Practitioner position, on a permanent or fixed term contract basis. We would encourage applications from physiotherapists and osteopaths with a relevant degree level qualification and registration with the relevant professional body (HCPC or GOsC). We will also consider a band 5/6 developmental post based on experience; once established competencies have been achieved, the post would convert to Band 6. Previous candidates need not apply.
We offer excellent in-service training, one to one clinical development and regular peer support to all our Band 6 staff; currently we are supporting a number of our staff to complete their MSc. Every member of staff also receives a comprehensive yearly appraisal to assist in their development. Funding for external courses is available, as well as the opportunity to attend in-house courses; 100% of staff who applied for training funding, successfully received this in 2021. We have excellent clinical and administrative teams ranging from Bands 2 7 and you will also have access to our Clinical Specialists and FCPs for mentoring and In-Service Training.About The Job
Working pattern + Service operating hours
- Work at a high level of clinical skill seeing a caseload of MSK referrals mainly consisting of GP referrals
- Supervising band 3,4 and 5 physiotherapists and physio technicians
- Involved in the clinical education of physiotherapy students
- Service development and involved in the service Quality Improvement drive.
This post is open to those looking for part time or full time work. The service operates Monday to Friday between 07:30-18:00 depending on site there will be a level of flexibility in the hours you work depending on service need. We continue to maintain an element of virtual working at the moment alongside face to face clinical work.Some Of The Benefits Of Joining Our Team
- Funding and support for suitable MSc
- No on-call/weekend work
- Great career opportunities; over 70% of band 6s have progressed to band 7 roles.
- AfC Salary ranging from £33,921 - £40,872 per annum (incl of HCAS) per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work/life balance
- Annual leave 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
Upton Hospital, Albert Street, Slough, SL12BJParking
Free staff parking is available on all sitesThe 4 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
Are you familiar with Slough?
- Qualified Physiotherapist with HCPC registration or Osteopath with GOsC registration
- Previous MSK physiotherapy experience at Band 5 level or comparative
- Sound clinical reasoning and MSK knowledge
- NHS experience or comparative work
Slough is the second largest town in Berkshire and is within the Greater London Urban Area. There is good shopping in the town centre within the Observatory and the Queensmere malls. There is also a leisure centre and a sports centre, a 10-screen cinema and an ice-rink, plus two grammar schools which do particularly well. Links to the centre of London are excellent with four trains an hour to Paddington, fast trains taking only 18 mins. The A4, M4, M40 and M25 are all easily accessible making travel to and from very straightforward.
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we recommend you apply today!
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please dont hesitate to contact Yasmin Jenkins on wholl be delighted to help.