Are you passionate about supporting the teaching of the next generation of osteopaths?
We have an opportunity for an experienced osteopath to join our dedicated team, working as a lecturer/clinical tutor.
We would be offering a casual contract, which means that there is some degree of flexibility in terms of hours.
About the role
You would be teaching into a highly applied Masters level course, primarily supporting students' clinical work.
The course includes discussion of underpinning theory, relevant research and current best practice guidelines in the context of osteopathic practice.
The aim is to support students in integrating this information with their existing knowledge and skills to evaluate relevant factors, formulate hypotheses, and develop plans for the clinical management of their patients.
Skills and experience
- Relevant Osteopathic qualification
- Osteopathic clinical experience
- Registered in New Zealand
- Hold a current annual practising certificate
- Work collaboratively
- Effective communication with a wide variety of people, including academic and clinical support staff, other health professionals and students
- Teaching experience would be valuable but not essential
At Unitec, we're passionate about the power of education to positively change the lives of our students, their whānau and wider communities. We are creating a NZ that's even better tomorrow than it is today.
How to apply
If you are ready to make a difference within a progressive organisation that encourages forward-thinking and recognises success, then we would like to hear from you. Apply today!